Selenium is a mineral found in the soil, in water and some foods.
- It has an anti oxidant property, which makes it unique among the minerals. It plays a crucial role in decreasing oxidative stress from the body. It acts with Vitamin B3, C,E and Glutathione to prevent the oxygen becoming too reactive.
- It plays a key role in the metabolism.
- It helps in preventing and reducing cancerous lesions. Selenium has been shown to induce DNA repair and synthesis in damaged cells, to inhibit the proliferation of cancer cells.There is some evidence that selenium supplements may reduce the odds of prostate cancer.
- Selenium has also been studied for the treatment of dozens of conditions, from asthma to arthritis to dandruff to infertility
- Selenium is a critical mineral for maintaining proper function of the thyroid gland. It regulates and controls the T3 hormone and its functions.
Food Sources of Selenium
- Nuts, like Brazil nuts and walnuts
- Many fresh and saltwater fish, like tuna, cod, red snapper, and herring
- Beef and poultry
- For detoxification of the body
- Prevents and treats cancer
- Regulates Thyroid Functioning
- Improves Cardio Vascular System
- Improves Immunity
- Treats acne and pimples
- Treats male infertility
- Senile cataracts
- Treats Psoriasis and Rheumatic Arthritis